Monday, January 28, 2008

Down to a 1 Week Wait

Actually, it will be less than a 1ww because I will poas this weekend. Maybe Saturday but for sure Sunday. I only have two hpts and I don't want to buy more so I'll wait as long as I can. Beta is Monday (a week from today).

I've been feeling a little cramping here and there and I'm trying really hard to ignore it. I can't remember if I've felt that before in other cycles but in every cycle, I seem to feel all sorts of things that in the end still equal a bfn. I am not getting my hopes up. I am just passing the time.

I met a woman today who has 3 year old twins. She used clom.id and was on her 3rd IUI. Or she thinks. Something like that. And I was amazed that she didn't remember every detail about her IF situation. Hard to imagine, but I think that is a good sign. Like, if I get to the place where I have 3 year old twins, I don't know if I need to keep all this IF stuff active, remembering that on IUI #5 I had 8 follicles and stimmed for 9 days but for IUI #6 I had 7 follies and stimmed for 14 days. Maybe all this goes way back to the deep regions of the brain kind of like the high school test you sweated over and now can't even remember what subject it was in or what grade you got on it.

On a different note, I am really grateful for my ipod. I load up the npr news and the NYTimes daily digest (where someone reads the news in a monotone voice) each day and then when I wake in the middle of the night and can't sleep, I put on my headphones and listen to the news for a little while. It puts me right back to sleep. Better than a lullaby.

1 comment:

George said...

OhhhOhhh, I'm so excited for you to POAS!!! Good luck, fingers crossed.

I love the idea of downloading news to my Ipod - that would totally help me sleep. Like you, I've been suffering from nightly bouts of insomnia for over a week now.