Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Out of Plimbo - on to ???

AF arrived yesterday. Whoopee.

I have an appointment with my RE today to go over my options. I want to get some educated input so I can make an educated decision. I don't want to just keep doing IUI after IUI without a plan.

I appreciate the comments about the egg donor. The one thing about the egg donor option is that it can wait. Also, my insurance covers all by $500 of the IUIs so those are manageable financially (especially if we do them every other month). The egg donor option is appealing but it seems like a way to end this part of my life - the trying, waiting, failing part. It seems like the fastest way to maybe have a baby. It is very expensive and it is not guaranteed to work. But it has a much higher success rate than round after round of IUI....

Hmm. What to do. Well, to start off, I'll talk with the doctor today and get her input on the situation. Then I'll be right back to the decision making mode.

I'll update later. Take care.


~Carrie said...

So glad you are out of 'plimbo' - that must have been extremely frustrating. Hope everything goes well at your Dr. appointment - no cysts so you don't have to wait before moving forward.

I know how you feel about doing IUI after IUI - it's very frustrating. I do think they usually suggest 3 w/injectables before moving to IVF. Have you thought of trying IVF w/your own eggs - if IUIs aren't successful you still may be able to have a successful IVF.

Meghan said...

Good luck at your appt today. I hope you get some good answers/info