Thursday, July 26, 2007

When am I going to POAS?

I know earlier in this cycle, I was full of bravado and ready to poas even before the actual IUI... well, now that I am on CD 11, I am feeling a little sheepish about the whole thing now and am not sure when I will poas.

Probably it will be sometime this weekend. My blood test is scheduled for Monday but I want to change it to Tuesday as we are going out of town. I think I will test Sunday. Or maybe Saturday. And perhaps even Friday??? CD 12 - is that too early? One bummer side effect of being on progester.one is that my cycle doesn't ramp up like it normally does. In an unmedicated cycle, I would start to have little spotting by now or at least this weekend. I would know that my cycle was starting and that the gig was up. When we were ttc on our own, I never even took a hpt because I always knew. AF was never late and was usually early.

But this is different. The last medicated cycle I had no spotting and actually my cycle started 10 days late! I took many hpts. It was hard to believe I wasn't pregnant with such a late period. I blamed it on the progester.one.

So now, I don't have any pms symptoms which may lead me to think I might be pregnant so I want to poas to confirm that suspicion but I also don't want this hopeful feeling to go away because of a bfn. See my dilemma? The hopeful part is so much better than the bfn part. This I know from experience. I don't know this from personal experience but I am pretty sure the bfp is pretty great. And so if I am going to get that, I'd like to know asap.

I don't have any hpts in the house now so it will take a proactive effort to get those suckers. Maybe I'll get them on the way home from work....

2 comments:

Christy said...

Hmmm, it's a tough one. It is so much more fun to have hope, and it's so much easier to have hope if you don't dash it with a negative test. Hang onto your hope as long as possible! Challenge yourself, see how long you can hold out.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are too funny!

I say pee away! I am a certifiable, card carrying member of the POAS club. If I could I would POAS from 1DPO on (I only don't because, I mean, c'mon, that's just silly...) Ha, Ha !

I do know that the earliest it is supposed to show HPT (according to FF) is 12 DPO so you would be right on schedule. Good luck and let us know what happens!