Sunday, February 10, 2008

I've been tagged

And this is a nice diversion from all of my fretting and worrying about this whole donor egg situation. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. I'm guessing it is easier to choose donor sperm (though I may be wrong - correct me if I am) as it is already there and you don't have to worry about whether or not you will get the amount of sperm you want or need or feel you are paying for. OK, I'll save this for another day.

In the meanwhile,

Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you
2) Post the rules
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself
4) Tag at least three people
5) Make sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did

I was tagged by Carrie http://infertilityirony.blogspot.com/ who just had some great news!! Yeah!


1. I hate having wet hair on my neck. I was a competitive swimmer through my childhood and even swam two workouts a day during high school and I still can't stand a wet neck. Today, I use one of those hair wrap thingies after I shower or swim - even at the gym.

2. I have 7 brothers and no sisters. And no, it was not all that fun. I always wanted a sister. And now I feel guilty that I want to have a daughter. I will love a son, I know, but I just feel that I should get to have a girl in my life and not always be surrounded by men. I know - I don't "get" to have a son or a daughter and I'll be damn happy with whomever shows up.

3. We have a pet rabbit who roams free. She goes in and out the doggie door, hangs out in the fire place (when there's no fire), and goes to bed when we do sleeping either under my night stand or in the corner where she keeps an eye on us. Yes, she's potty trained.

4. I am just getting back into sewing. As a kid, I sewed a lot of my clothes but I didn't sew for years. Today I made a whole bunch of new covers for our throw pillows in our living room. Very satisfying.

5. For years and years, I kept a diary but never really wrote the whole truth because I always feared someone would read it and I didn't want them to think badly of me. I like the anonymity of this blog though I do censor sometimes though no one I know reads it, not even DH, though he is welcome to. (He may read it without telling me but I doubt it. Hey, DH, if you are reading this, let me know.)

6. I eat peanut butter on wheat bread every day for lunch. No jam, no jelly. Just peanut butter. I have eaten this for years. I love it as it is easy to make, easy to carry ( I can throw it in my purse), easy to eat, and I think it tastes great. It makes all of my colleagues crazy. They can't believe I eat the same thing everyday. Good thing they don't see what I eat for breakfast!

Whew, that was harder than I thought.

I tag
Meghan: http://alittlesweetness.blogspot.com/
Claire: http://superovum.blogspot.com/

I know I am supposed to tag 3 but it seems most have already been tagged.

Have a great week everyone.

-Egged

2 comments:

Swim said...

You are very right as finding 6 things was more difficult than I thought too.

I took a sewing class last year and loved it. I have my own machine but have only taken it out of the box once. I need some motivation to use some of the fabric and patterns I have bought.

Have you ever tried cashew butter? DH bought some a while back and I am totally addicted. Try it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for tagging me. I may not get to it until bed rest. I'm too busy right now getting ready for it!

BTW, have you looked into wheat intolerance? It's not supposed to be good for fertility. I'm totally off all gluten. Anyhoo, something to think about. I like raw almond butter too. Yum!!