Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I wish I had started this blog sooner

So I could have written about how when the doctor first suggested injectibles instead of Clom.id at my first appointment, I declined. Preferring to start with Clom.id, thinking that injecting myself was too drastic of a thing to even consider. He forgot to mention that even with Clom.id, I would have to give myself a trigger shot. For some reason, I didn't find that out until the day they told me to go buy the trigger shot and give it to myself that evening. Panic set in. Holy crap - I have to give myself a shot!?!? I think if the doc had told me about the shot at the beginning, I may have reconsidered the whole thing. I'm a bit squeamish about shots, blood, etc.

Luckily, my cousin came over for dinner that night and distracted me until the appointed time. While my husband (from here on it known as mh) and he talked, I stole away to the bathroom and jabbed the needle in me almost immediately worried about being even a minute late. It was the best first shot - I didn't have time to stress about it. It was very empowering. And made me realize that maybe an injectible cycle wouldn't be that hard after all.

And now after an injectible cycle, I think that IVF is doable, too.

Day 17 post ovulation - still no sign of that pesky period. I feel like I am in limbo. Where did it go?

No comments: