hi all, sorry for the long absence. I've been suffering from carpel tunnel syndrome and since I didn't have much to say anyway, I took a break.
But now it's cycle day 1 and I am back on the roller coaster ride. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 7:30 am for a baseline scan and hopefully, the cyst is gone and I am ready to start a medicated IUI cycle. I've been having some strange trouble getting all of my meds here on time so it may be a bust for that reason but we'll see.
It was an interesting month off. My friend who offered her two embryos to us called and left a message saying that they had to make a decision about whether to keep their embryos on ice or not and did we think we would want them.
This was not the decision we were ready to make. These donated embryos were our last last last chance before adoption (which we are starting to look into). They were our far off option not our right now option. But here she wanted a decision. So, mh and I had a long talk.
I would like to use them. He would not. He feels that it would be weird since we know them to raise their child/ren. I agree, it would be weird, but it would be a chance for us to have some children from infancy. It is much cheaper than a donor egg. Plus we know the people and they are healthy and smart. Their other children are healthy and bright. But he is not comfortable with the idea so I had to gently turn down her offer.
Our last last last option is now off the table.
Now, back to the current option: medicated IUI. #5