Thursday, May 17, 2007

I feel better about the cyst

I got a little bent out of shape over the cyst but Chris at love, hope, and faith told me that she had one and that it went away in a few weeks. Her suggestion was that I take this cycle to take care of myself so that's what I am going to do.

I can go on a mini-vacation with my husband without worrying that it will have to be cancelled so I can go to the doctor. I can catch up on my exercising! I can relax. I am going to look into acupuncture and also get a massage during this month.

My mom couldn't understand why I was upset over the cyst and taking the month off. She insisted that since it was out of my control, I shouldn't stress about it.

I think what she doesn't get is that yes, it is out of my control, but the whole reason I am doing fertility treatments is that I WANT TO CONTROL the situation. I took drugs to gain control of my cycle and now I feel like I've totally lost control.

So, it is my challenge to myself to enjoy this month off and not see it as a failure but as an opportunity. Good luck to me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that you have a relaxing month. And that many new red tomatos pop up in your garden!! Wish I could grow veggies in my patch of dirt ;)

Egged Out said...

Thanks! Actually, I have some new red tomatoes coming up and no more bird strikes to things are looking fruitful on that end at least...

Christy said...

I'm so glad you feel better about your cyst. I know it is upsetting when you feel sidetracted and worrisome when a "thing" is someplace where you don't want anything. However, I believe it has been scientifically proven that worry won't reduce a cyst or improve fertility. However, relaxing and having fun is good for the spirit, so savor your impending long weekend, and be good to yourself!