Friday, November 14, 2008

PRIDE

We finished our Adoption (PRIDE) class! It was a great class. I learned a lot and met some great people who are also trying to adopt through the county system.

At this point, I can't even fathom going through IF treatments again. This feels so much more positive and likely to work.

We were assigned a social worker and I've been told that from here, it should take about 6 months before we get our final approval. We will take this time to regroup, save money, and prepare ourselves for the next phase of our lives.

We are excited. I am excited.

I feel like a newbie again. I've started reading adoption and foster parent blogs. I don't comment on any one's blog yet - still trying to learn the lingo and just excited to hear their stories (just like 2 years ago when I started IF treatments and blog reading). I go back and read their whole blog to see how they got to where they are now. It's like a whole new world.

I do have an appointment with the RE to discuss my failed Donor Egg cycle. I don't want to go but I feel I must find out if she felt that we had a crappy donor, crappy sperm, crappy uterus, or just crappy luck. At this point I don't feel that we will try DE again but you never know. Crappy luck could follow us to the adoption end of things and we may be lured back to IF.

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting lately. I've been reading blogs again - just haven't gotten back into commenting. I'll do better.

2 comments:

Phoebe said...

If you haven't already found Luna's blog, check it out. She switched from fertility treatments to adoption this year too. I'm glad to hear you have something to be excited about again!!

Rebeccah said...

Wow, it's been so long since I've read people's blogs that I totally missed you two deciding to adopt! Congratulations!! And through the foster care system too -- my hat is off to you. PRIDE is a great name for the program : )