Not much to report here. I'm still taking birth control pills and waiting for my next instructions. It's looking like nothing will happen until June. I thought I might start some shots next week but a phone message from the RE yesterday said that it would be the next week.
Here's what has happened:
- the egg donor has completed the blood tests and so far, everything has come back perfect. They are still waiting for the results of one more test (I can't remember what it is)
- the egg donor has had a psych evaluation which went well
- I've given $500 to an attorney who will make the legal contracts for us regarding the egg donation.
- the RE's office has called to give me the financial work up - what my exact costs will be. I haven't received it yet. They said they would e-mail it. I'm hoping that we can come in under $25,000 for everything. That would be nice.
I'm am feeling pretty calm about the whole thing right now. I guess because I am kind of in limbo. It seemed like everything was happening so fast and we had to scramble to get the money and now, we are just waiting again. Once June gets here, it will all happen quickly. And then my anxiety will rise, I'm sure.
My biggest worry is that it will not work. Smart or not, we have put all our eggs in this basket. It seemed like a great plan but I'm plagued with the what ifs. What is none of her eggs fertilize? What if none make it to transfer? What if there are none left to freeze? What if none implant?
What if I don't get pregnant AND there are no embryos on ice? That's my worst fear. DH is very confident about all this but he doesn't read blogs so he doesn't get that everything doesn't always work as planned.
Well, now I've stressed myself out. I can't control any of that so I've got to have faith that it will work. And if it doesn't, we'll regroup and make a plan F or G (I don't know what plan we are on now, but it's well past plan B).
I hope all are well. Enjoy the long weekend!