Sunday, August 3, 2008

Something is kicking my @ss.

And it's either one or two little embryos or the progesterone. I am wiped out every evening. Yesterday, I was driving home from visiting my brother and I had to pull over and take a nap on the freeway. I was so tired and it was only about 5:15. For the last three nights, I've been exhausted by 4 or 5 pm. I just sleep on the couch until I wake up and then I go to bed and sleep the whole night. I am usually not a napper nor a sleep through the nighter.

I did research side effects of progesterone and drowsiness is one of the side effects. I wasn't this tired earlier (and I've been taking it for 13 days. Maybe it is building up in my system.

6dp5dt.

I know we could probably poas stick right now and get some sort of answer but we're going to wait until Wednesday. If it is negative, I don't want to think we tested too early and then test again tomorrow, etc. I've been through that and it is miserable. When I test, I want it to be definitive. At least as definitive as a pregnancy in this IF world can be.

Friday, August 1, 2008

4dp5dt

Thanks for your comments on the no embryos to freeze situation. We have the best inside me so I'm hopeful. The doc did give us a 70% chance for success. Much better odds than we've had before.

I don't have any symptoms except for sore breasts. That could be from all of the progesterone I am taking (3 suppositories per day). Though the sore breasts did just start yesterday when I have been taking the progesterone for 11 days now.

I don't think I will test until the day of the blood test (Wednesday). With my IUIs, I always tested at home and always got negatives and then convinced myself it was too early, blah blah blah - you all know what the emotional roller coaster is like. I don't want to put myself through that this time. Of course I say that now so don't hold it against me if I change my mind. A girl has that right. I do have 3 hpts in the house.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and sticky wishes! It means a lot.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Of the remaining 5 embryos, none made it to freeze.

Shit.

We are beyond bummed but trying not to dwell on it.

This cycle has to work as we can't afford to do it again. We hoped that with a donor, we would have some to freeze for future efforts, making it worth our $30,000 investment.

This cycle has to work. Please, work.

Monday, July 28, 2008

two embies on board

It's done! It's finally happened and I have two embryos in me.

The transfer went well. The doc offered to transfer three instead of two since only one was a blast and there were two others that looked good but had not become blasts yet. We decided only to go with two. She said that there was a 1 percent chance of triplets which is low, but I don't want to risk it. The best one and the second best one went in and I think those are our best chances any way. They will watch the others (five others as one more fertilized) through tomorrow and freeze all that make it to blast.

I feel confident about my decision. The doc told me that with two, we have a 65 - 70 percent chance and if we add in the third, it goes up to a 75 percent chance. That was not a big enough increase to me to justify risking triplets. I'm operating on the fact that the donor eggs are good and likely to work. If it was my eggs, I'd be more open to putting in more.

The transfer was comfortable. I did not have to have full bladder. I have read about others having a full bladder during this procedure so I was expecting that but they didn't require it. I wonder why?

I'm on bedrest for 48 hours. I have my lap top, ipod, and 5 chick lit books (easy to read). I think I will be able to make it.

Thanks for your support. My blood test is on August 6 - a week from Wednesday. I know that seems like it is right around the corner but surely it will drag on and on and on...

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day Five Transfer on Monday

We're all set for a day 5 transfer on Monday at 1 pm (CA time).

I'm really excited.

Friday, July 25, 2008

All six still going strong!

I just got the call and all six embies are still going strong. They will call me tomorrow morning if they want me to come in tomorrow for a 3 day transfer but most likely it will be on Monday at 12:45. I am relieved that all still look good. This has been more hair raising than I expected.

Thanks for all the kind wishes and hopes for my embies. I'm starting to calm down.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

2nd Report

6 fertilized.

I'm really losing my cool here. Will some of them hang around for transfer? Will we have any to freeze?

At this point, I'm not worried about freezing but just want there to be some good ones for transfer.

Still nervous.